Trick-or-Treat with The Troop
If you’re going to Trick-or-Treat this year, do it safely.
This Halloween is unlike any we’ve seen before, forcing us to get more creative to find spooky and safe ways to have fun.
While many will be staying home this year, doing backyard candy hunts or busting out a Halloween piñata for the first time, it is safe in some areas to Trick-or-Treat following CDC social distancing guidelines.
You can review the map at halloween2020.org to see the risk level in your area and gauge appropriate activities for your family.
If you choose to Trick-or-Treat, remember to:
- Stay home if sick
- Trick or treat with people you live with
- Remain 6 feet apart from people not in your household
- Wear a face mask covering both your mouth and nose
- Hand sanitize (with sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol) frequently while out, especially during key times like before eating or after coughing/sneezing
- Download The Troop using invite code “trickortreat” to see safe houses in your neighborhood (those committed to following COVID safety guidelines in handing out candy)
If you will be handing out candy, please follow these guidelines to be a Trick-or-Treat Safe House:
- Do not hand out candy if you are sick
- Wear a face mask covering BOTH your mouth and nose
- Use duct tape to mark 6-foot lines in front of home and leading to driveway/front door-step
- Participate in one-way trick or treating
- Position a distribution table between yourself and trick or treaters
- Distribute candy on disinfected surface to eliminate direct contact
- If you are preparing goodie bags, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after preparing bags
- Individually wrapped candy or goodie bags should be lined up for families to grab and go while continuing to social distance
- Wash hands often
- Download The Troop using invite code “trickortreat” to put your house on the neighborhood map!
And, as we do every year, make sure to carry flashlights and inspect candy! 🍬
Be safe, have fun and have a very Happy Halloween! 👻🧡🖤
Email email@example.com to request an invite code.